• love reading The Weekend Edition – theweekendedition.com.au
• are passionate about life and have a strong work ethic
• enjoy meeting people and being part of a high-energy team
• want to have fun contributing to Brisbane and the Gold Coast’s most trusted digital lifestyle news sites
• want to make an impact and gain experience with the longest running independent pop-culture media company in Brisbane
• be recognised and rewarded for pro-activeness and results
… THEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU!
The Weekend Edition is looking for an energetic and innovative senior digital advertising account manager to join our incredible team. Owning the weekends in Brisbane and the Gold Coast across food, events, fashion, design, arts and culture is our company’s mantra – our reputation for quality curated lifestyle news is second to none and this is your chance to be part of it.
You will be working with a highly passionate team, and be responsible for driving and delivering advertising sales for Brisbane and the Gold Coast (based in Brisbane) across direct and agency channels, creating brand campaign ideas, sourcing new leads and servicing an existing client base to achieve monthly targets.
Working in a vibrant office, this is a great platform to grow your career long-term with an innovative company and be an integral part of its continuing success. If you are passionate about life, are confident, love to meet people, are results oriented, and want to work in a positive work environment, then this position will be perfect for you. Sales experience is essential, and having a good understanding of digital sales and a good network in Brisbane is an advantage.
The Weekend Edition has a bold growth strategy set for the next 12 months with lucrative incentives on offer, so the successful candidate will be required to hit the ground running with focus and flair.
Skills and experience (ideal, but not essential):
- Mac computers
- Microsoft Excel
- Google Analytics
- Facebook and Instagram Ad Manager/Power Editor
- Presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Ideation/Strategy for campaigns
Package: includes base salary + fuel and parking allowance + super + an uncapped commission structure upon achieving personal targets. You are required to have a car and mobile phone to fill this role.
Start date: ASAP
Only applications with the following will be reviewed:
- Cover letter addressed to Chrisanthi Demos (Managing Editor) including:
– a bit about yourself, your family, your interests and what you’re passionate about
– examples of previous sales experience and results you’ve achieved, or how you’ve demonstrated proactiveness in previous roles to improve outcomes
– list your top five places to eat and what you do for entertainment
– what was the last place you travelled to
– what was the last book you read and your favourite TV show
- CV with full reference to qualifications and experience
- Referees with contact details provided
You will be asked the following questions when you apply:
- When are you available to start?
- What is your expected annual salary?
- What is your previous sales and/or marketing/agency experience?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What are you hoping to achieve professionally and personally in this role?
Incomplete applications will not be accepted and personalised cover letter is essential.
The Weekend Edition