Skip to toolbar
brisbane-news

Queensland records one new coronavirus case, may be linked to Melbourne trio

One person is diagnosed with COVID-19 overnight, a case which may be linked to three women charged over allegedly lying on Queensland border declaration passes.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the 27-year-old man from Bellbird Park, in Ipswich, is now in quarantine.

She said he was a relative of a man who went to the Madtongsan IV Korean restaurant in Sunnybank on July 23, which had been visited by one of the three women.

Dr Jeannette Young speaks at a media conference with Annastacia Palaszczuk looking on in the background.
Dr Young said testing has increased significantly since the Melbourne cases were announced earlier this week.(ABC News: Christopher Gillette)

Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said of the three women that travelled to Melbourne, two had tested positive, while a third had returned a negative result.

Brisbane Structural Engineers Brisbane Structural Engineers

“But we’re just checking whether or not she’s actually had it [COVID-19] and recovered,” she said.

“It’s too early to say whether of not we’ll see on-going spread. We’ll know over the next week or two.

“We have a gentleman who tested positive overnight, he is our fourth case in this cluster. He has been in contact with two relatives who were at the restaurant in Sunnybank on 23rd of July, when our first case in the cluster attended.”

There are also concerns over an aged facility in Pinjarra Hills as the relative of the man who tested positive works there.

The relative who works at the aged care facility has not yet returned a result from his coronavirus test.

‘Not out of the woods’

Ms Palaszczuk said there were now 11 active cases in the state, and 1,083 total cases since the pandemic began.

“If you have any concern, if you are feeling the slightest bit unwell you must go and get tested,” Ms Palaszczuk said.

“We’re not out of the woods yet.

“We are going to keep a very close eye on what’s happening, especially over the next few days but the response has been terrific and I want to thank all Queenslanders for doing that.”

From Saturday 1:00am, 31 more local government areas in greater Sydney will be locked out of the state.

However, chief superintendent Mark Wheeler of Gold Coast district said people with valid border entry passes would still be scrutinised by police.

It comes after a driver was fined $4,000 after allegedly failing to declare they had been to a known hotspot at Campbelltown in Sydney.

Health Minister Steven Miles said “we broke records” with 9,076 tests conducted in the past 24 hours.

That includes 2,498 tests in the Metro South region, where the three women live.

“In some cases that has overwhelmed our testing clinics,” Mr Miles said.


Source link

city guide

The publication focuses on fashion, style, and culture for men, though articles on food, movies, fitness, sex, music, travel, sports, technology, and books are also featured

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button