PSA: if you’re a tenant/renter having issues with your REA/landlord, don’t bother contacting the RTA looking for advice. Call QSTARS. They give legal advice to tenants. More details inside post.

Most renters that have issue with their REA or landlord seem to contact the RTA (Residential Tenancies Authority) with their problems, looking for advice. What a lot of people don’t realise is that the RTA is actually unable to give legal advice (because they’re a government entity and can’t be seen to show bias against any party). They can give information on which forms to file, and explain the general process, but that’s about it.

What you should really do is talk to QSTARS (Queensland Statewide Tenant Advice And Referal Service). They’re the former Tenant’s Union and they give actual legal advice solely to tenants.

They’ll even represent you at hearing (assuming they’re granted leave to do so).

To quote /u/nulligravida “The interest on your bond money — all tenants’ bonds — funds organisations like QSTARS so get your money’s worth. You’ve already paid for it.”

Hope this helps anyone having landlord strife!

View Reddit by ItsaMeMattioView Source

city guide

The publication focuses on fashion, style, and culture for men, though articles on food, movies, fitness, sex, music, travel, sports, technology, and books are also featured

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Skip to toolbar