This market leader in the renewable energy sector integrates the construction and operation of large-scale solar projects. They currently have projects underway in Queensland, NSW and Victoria. The Brisbane based team of high performing lawyers, partners closely with Project Managers, clients and subcontractors, to provide solution focused legal advice
This role will be best suited to a driven lawyer looking for a well-rounded in-house position. The role works closely with the Commercial Manager and Senior Legal Counsel. The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years PAE and the ability to work within a collaborative team. As this role partners with the business and is solutions focussed, the role requires someone that can develop close relationships with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
• Provide general legal support for multiple projects across Australia
• Establish, implement and lead the commercial and contractual processes in regard to correspondence, notifications, insurances, variations and claims
• Drafting, review and negotiation of contracts related to development and construction of solar farms including MOU, NDA, LOI, Exclusivity Agreements, EPC, O&M, Subcontracts and Supply Agreements
• Implementation of an appropriate flow-down of main contract terms / Ensure compliance with all applicable laws
• Identify risks to the projects and provide counter strategies and commercial solutions to minimise project impact
• Coordinate and brief External Counsel
• Lead the preparation and submission of all progress claims as well as negotiations with clients and partners
• Management of subcontractor progress, and any contractual issues and provide solutions and advice to the Project Management Team
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Laws in Australia
• 6 years+ PAE
• 3-5 years’ experience in a top tier law firm.
• 2 years minimum experience in an in-house environment
• Relevant accounting or finance degree is desirable but not essential
• Experience within the renewable energy, solar projects or infrastructure sector highly desirable
If you are looking to join one of world’s leading renewable energy companies, definitely apply.
To apply please click apply or call Simon Watt on +61 7 3032 2211 for a confidential discussion.