The 760 Area code originates in the state of California. California is called the Golden state it is located on the west coast of USA. The residents of this state enjoy a Mediterranean type of climate. The state falls under the Pacific Time zone. It is a big state and some of the Big American cities are situated within its borders. Some of the largest cities that are from the state of California and fall under area code 760 area code.
1) Apple Valley- Apple Valley is located at the south of the Mojave Desert. The primary highway that traverses through Apple Valley is the State Route 18. It was named the Apple Valley by early settlers because of its vast apple fields.
2) Carlsbad – Carlsbad is a coastal city that lies near the Pacific Ocean. It is said to be one of the wealthiest cities in state of California. It is an ecofriendly city with protected land within the city limits that are abundant with plantation to make up for the rapid pace of construction activity that has destroyed habitats. Carlsbad is famous for Tourist attractions like Disneyland and Disney adventure parks as well as sea world and San Diego zoo.
3) Encinitas – Encinitas is a coastal city that lies north of San Diego. The Interstate I-5 can be used to reach this city. It is known for its coasts and breathtaking cliffs. It has a blooming flower growing industry and all kinds of flowers are grown here to be exported to different parts of the country and the world.
4) Escondido – The word Escondido means Hidden in Spanish. The city of Escondido Is in the north of the city of San Diego. It has a mild climate almost all year round. It is the hub for culture, arts and theater.
5) Hesperia – Hesperia is located to the north of San Bernardino and lies inside the Mojave Desert. It is connected by U.S. Route 395, as well as Interstate I-15 and California State Highway 18. One of its main attractions is the Hesperia Lake which is a manmade lake. Campers love to camp at the lake and fishing is allowed in the lake.
6) Oceanside – Oceanside is located on California’s south coast. Oceanside along with Carlsbad and Vista forms a Tri-city. Oceanside has witnessed a rapid pace of development lately. Many houses here that were built after World War II have been rebuilt and preserved and have a historical value.
7) Vista – The city of Vista is located in northern part of San Diego County. Vista is known for its vast open spaces and the Guajome County Park and Brengle Terrace Park form the part of this city. Interstate 5 and 15 as well as state highways 76 and 78 lead to vista.
8) San Marcos – San Marcos is located to north of San Diego county. You could take the Interstate I-15 as well as I-5 and I-805 to reach San Marcos. San Marcos gets its name from Little Valleys of Saint Mark. San Marcos is known for its Local Music and Fine arts.
9) Victorville – Victorville is located in Victor valley at the southern edge of Mojave Desert. It is known for adventure sports like mountain skiing and Water sports. The fire museum in the city is a tourist attraction.
10) Palm Spring – Palm spring lies on western edge of Coachella Valley. Palm Springs enjoys more than 350 days of sunshine and very less rainfall. It is a popular destination for college kids for spring break.