Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology innovator since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
In 2019, Amgen was named one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine.
As part of the national Primary Care Bone team, your core focus will be to maximise sales of Amgen’s products across your Brisbane Bayside territory and associated country area of Cairns. Your key customers include General Practitioners and related healthcare professionals. The position reports to the Senior District Sales Manager and is a full-time, permanent role. We’re looking for a team-player focussed on developing each account to its fullest potential. You will be joining an established, experienced and innovative team with a clear track record of customer value creation and success.
- Collaborate with manager to develop and implement territory plan and key account plans
- Evaluate progress vs. plan monthly and agree course of action
- Contribute to Cluster/Territory Teams; Collaborate (Specialist Biopharmaceutical Representatives and Strategic Account Managers (SAM) to agree on key account plan objectives and responsibilities
- Engage with peers and Manager to learn best practices
- Maintain an understanding of industry and healthcare trends
- Identify and gather competitive information to keep ahead of the competition
- Follow through on customer commitments and requests in a timely fashion
- Report customer activity in CRM system and ensure customer profiles are kept up-to-date
- Operate within the agreed expense budget aligned with product priorities
- Seek advice and assistance to organize activities
- Continuously develop and improve product knowledge, communication and selling skills through self-learning and active participation in agreed training programs
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Field Sales experience in the pharmaceutical industry selling to General Practitioners and healthcare professionals is essential
- Demonstrated success in a variety of Pharmaceutical sales product environments
- Proactive self-management in owning your business and determining results
- Positive, calm under pressure and leader attributes that influence team behaviours
- Experience with computer systems (CRM databases and MS Office)
- Fluency in English, both in oral and written communication
- Confident interpersonal and communication skills at all levels across the organisation
- Completion of Medicines Australia certification
- Valid driver’s licence, residency and Work rights in Australia mandatory
- Degree in life science or (bio) medical sciences and relevant therapeutic knowledge well regarded
If you are seeking a genuine career opportunity where you can truly make a difference to better serve patients and progress against our aspiration to be the world’s best human therapeutics company, then apply online.
We prefer to deal with you directly and have not engaged an agency for this role recruitment, so if you’re interested in this unique opportunity, please apply asap online today. Confidentiality assured.
No agencies please.
Applications Close Thursday 30th January 2020 but candidates are encouraged to apply asap.
Sydney office: Avaya House, L7/123 Epping Road, NORTH RYDE NSW 2113 | www.amgen.com.au