Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Mobile, Data & Analytics and Cloud, which means we are capable of defining, designing and creating digital products and solutions that solve problems on a large scale. We’re looking for people to join our team and build a culture based on trust, taking ownership, and transparency. Solving human problems through product and service experiences that are truly innovative is the foundation for our values at Arq.
We are looking for a BI Data Modeller to join our team to analyse, design and deploy warehouse models which represent business reporting requirements for enterprise customers.
- High degree of expertise in the area of BI and Data Analytics
- Demonstrate leveraging high-level business requirements and turning them into detailed technical design artefacts
- Understanding best practises around modelling design, such as efficient reuse of data and best practice modelling standards
- The ability to architect data models to surface data from various sources, through a corporate data warehouse
- Analysing and defining key organization metric and measures with an understanding to business rules
- Intimate knowledge of data warehousing with respect to various data methodologies, such as Data Vault, 3rd Normal Form, Kimball
- Delivery of comprehensive ETL specs to enable data integration
- Have strong working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle and Agile Software development (must have).
- Contribute to the design of deliverables that meet the BI reporting and analysis needs of the business
- Experience working in a large corporate data warehouse environment
We want you on board if you have
- Strong experience with TSQL
- Analyse business requirements to design and deploy Kimball Models to allow the implementation of complex dashboards
- Experience of designing and deploying Data Vault 2.0 models
- Write technical documentation for design specifications, physical models, ETL specs
- Surface and understand business requirements from previous reports, or from business stakeholders to deliver for the warehouse
- Experience and exposure to ETL concepts and frameworks
- Usage of Business Glossaries and Data Catalogues
- Understanding technical dependencies from visualisation requirements and warehouse functionality.
- Advise and contribute from a position of authority to other leadership positions, such as Solution Architects, Program Managers, Information Managers and Product Owners
- Usage of SVN or other versioning software is desirable.
- Knowledge of IBM Architect desirable
At Arq you’ll find a true work-life balance. From wellness programs, learning and development, social calendars to coffee machines, and more. We’ve got something for everyone to be themselves. Did we also mention how much fun it is to work with other Arqadians? And yes, it is true; we love what we do. Join Arq Group and find your space to change.
We’re a WORK180 endorsed employer for women, WGEA recognized as a pay equity employer and ‘Our Ways’ continue to encourage a collaborative, inclusive, innovative and passionate approach to everything we do.