Who are we?
Transmax is a full-service Intelligent Transport System (ITS) solutions provider that develops, supports and deploys the international-award winning ITS software platform – STREAMS®. We partner with road authorities to provide creative solutions to deliver improved travel outcomes for millions of people every day.
We value our employees and understand that recruiting talented people is merely the first step in building a skilled, experienced and enthusiastic workforce. We are committed to providing an environment whereby people have access to flexible work arrangements and are given the freedom to grow and experience both personal and professional development to achieve job satisfaction.
The Contracts Administrator is a member of our Commercial Team and works closely with Project Managers to assist with a broad range of contractual matters. This role regularly liaises with our senior leaders to ensure they are kept abreast of contractual obligations. Furthermore, this role is responsible for steering the company towards successful outcomes for our projects.
- Prepare project contracts and negotiate contract terms both internally and externally
- Review and update existing contracts
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Analyse potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Negotiate terms, conditions and ensure they are accurately executed and satisfied
- Remain up-to date with legislative changes
- Maintain an organised system of records and ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met
- Coordinate actions with internal project management and commercial team where required
- Report status of current contract processes to management
- Resolve any contract conflicts
- Create language standards and rules for existing and new contracts
- Serve as a liaison between internal and external parties during contract development and negotiation stages
- Follow up to guarantee contractual payments have been made
You will be able to make tough decisions and have the confidence to stand by those decisions. You will have a personable attitude and be able to communicate effectively with everyone involved on the projects at all levels. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required as you will be dealing clients Sub-contractors and suppliers.
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor of Laws, or similar industry experience
- Experience working with commercial contracts and project management
- Experienced in elements of contract management including variation and claims, creation of contracts and contract close out, and advice and guidance on contract content
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a positive working environment, flexible working hours, TOIL days, we are understanding and assisting of personal career plans and development. We provide weekly morning teas which are full of delicious nibbles. Most of all, we are a company that wants to see nothing more than the success of our staff.
If this has sparked your interest, and you feel like you’d be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Applications may be subject to a National Criminal History check