I’ve had a low libido in general, which has dropped even more recently because of my struggles with metal health and resultant medication. My struggle with depression has also caused some erectile disfunction and an inability to cum on occasion. My partner is kind, generous, understanding and extremely supportive but I know this is frustrating for her as she has a much higher libido than me. We have a pleasurable ohhh life with plenty of foreplay and lots of laughter and fun during ohhh. But because of my lower libido, inability to maintain an erection and feeling like I’m letting down my partner, I’m struggling with my feelings of self worth and masculinity because…well because this makes me feel like less of a man.
EDIT: appreciate all the support and advice guys. Thought I’d address a couple recurring points that have come up in the comments.
– I already have an appointment to get my testosterone checked along with some other routine blood work (thyroid, B12, vitamin D) as suggested by my doctor. The technician is coming in the next hour to collect blood samples.
– Just started very basic and minimal exercise. The depression did make it hard to exercise, but I’ve gone running twice and done yoga once in the past week so yay.
– This is a new experience for both me and my partner, so yes we do struggle to talk to each other sometimes about it. I mostly feel embarrassed whenever the topic has to be addressed but I’m trying to move past that embarrassment and talk openly. Thankfully, my partner makes me feel comfortable enough to talk about this without fear of judgement
– The low libido has been around for a while. The ED and inability to cum is more recent. Not sure if they’re linked or not, but will visit a ohhh therapist as advised by some people here and try to address that separately from the depression.
– I did have a massive porn phase right before I met my current partner (that was actually one of my %%%%boi phases and porn was just a natural part of it). But I’ve cut that down significantly since getting into a LTR. In fact, we were trying to watch a porn movie together last week to spice things up but ended up laughing and ignoring the TV coz we picked a random unrealistic video.
– We haven’t experimented with toys at all so far. I’m very keen to do so, but she isn’t coz she’s never used any except for a tiny vibrator when she’s going solo. However, buying ohhh toys in India where we live is actually a huge problem. So time to figure that out.